By Kris Duncalfe
Area Sales Manager
Queensland & Northern Territory
have been out talking to Dealers to gain valuable feedback regarding
our warranty and as a result after much consideration, we are excited to
announce the market leading 7 (seven) year warranty on our Tiltmaster,
SilentDrive and Whisper Drive products and an improved 5 (five) year
warranty on PowerAce and Quiet Drive, effective immediately.
consumers that register their warranty will be provided the new
warranty statement until all instruction manuals are updated and run
The warranty terms and conditions will be available online from Monday 26th May and are also attached.
The key points of the Chamberlain Limited Warranty are:
1 Period of cover is 7 years / 15k cycles or 5 years / 10k cycles, whichever occurs first;
2 Valid for the original purchaser only;
3 Must be installed by a Professional Dealer appointed or authorised by Chamberlain;
4 At a minimum, servicing is required in years 3 and 5 for the 7 year warranty and in year 3 for the 5 year warranty;
5 Remotes and accessories have a 12 month warranty;
6 Batteries and globes are not covered;
7 Warranty must be registered online and proof of purchase must be retained;
8 Travel costs outside capital cities are not covered and
9 A Merlin branded garage door opener purchased over the internet and installed by a person other than a Professional Dealer will not be covered by this Chamberlain Limited Warranty.
We will assess our warranty position again when we launch some exciting new products in the very near future to create greater differentiation in the market and maximise value for both you and your customers.
As you would expect we will honour the warranty terms for any consumers that have purchased a Merlin opener based on any previous warranty. Simply ask them to call customer service on 1800 638 234 so that we can record their information and provide them with written confirmation.
Furthermore, any outstanding quotes that reference previous warranties will be honoured if the product is installed by May 30th 2014.
Merlin has launched its new and improved OVERDRIVE (MRC950 EVO) roller door opener, which is specifically designed for heavy domestic and light commercial applications and is available at an affordable price.
Designed for lower cycle use, the product is ideal for owners of small to medium businesses, boasting the latest technology to ensure efficient operation, safety, security and energy efficiency.
Available for spring tensioned, light commercial rolling door types up to 25m², the Merlin Over Drive offers an array of key benefits including:
• Security+2.0 – Technology inside the transmitter is designed to communicate on multiple frequencies with the latest security+2.0 encrypted rolling code. The radio technology selects the strongest frequency every time, virtually eliminating interference from other devices while providing the highest level of security available.
• 75% Less Energy *– The advanced design uses less than 1 watt of electricity when in standby mode meeting the world’s toughest energy saving standards. * when compared to competitor products
• Quiet and Powerful Motor – The powerful and fast DC motor is quiet and built to last.
• Adaptive Technology – Automatic power adjustment and electronic mapping of the door means the silent drive adapts to the change in door spring and hinge operation that naturally occurs with varying weather conditions and age.
This technology means less maintenance and trouble free, reliable operation for years to come as the opener adapts to the door every time it is activated.
• Improved Transmitter Range – Tested in side by side comparisons* the Security+2.0 transmitters have up to 18% better range which means it is not only more reliable, you can also start opening the garage door sooner. *Comparison to major Australian & New Zealand brands
• Works even when the power is out – Optional Evercharge® Battery backup system ensures you can always open your garage door even when the power is out.
• Warranty – Product is backed by a 2 year/ 5000 cycle warranty.
The product also boasts the latest in safety features, including the Automatic Safety Reverse and Manual Release.